Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Message Any Person You Can See – FREE APP IDEA

THE WORTH OF AN IDEA (AS PREVIOUSLY STATED)
Are you the type of person who thinks the idea is the most important part of a business and that it should be kept a sacred secret for the world to never see? Or are you the type that understands that execution is far more important and without it, any idea will tragically expire? As you can tell from my highly biased tone, my personal opinion is of the latter.
I get to meet with many people wanting to share their ideas with me for feedback or help. Over time, I’ve come to see a very distinct difference between the two mindsets. Those who want me to sign an NDA before even meeting usually find that I have an unconquerable “conflict” come up and can’t meet with them ; ) (but seriously). Those that talk about their idea as if it is the long lost treasure of Atlantis immediately lose my full confidence. It’s not that I judge them or their idea, I’ve just seen how much slower the entire building process goes when you’re overly protective with your ideas from the beginning. Those that talk about their idea with excitement and freedom have it easier. Easier to recruit a team. Easier to build. Easier to get feedback, mentorship, and funding. Easier to EXECUTE!
That said, feel free to take this idea of mine if you’d like. It’s free :)
THE “CURSE” OF AN ENTREPRENEURIAL MIND (AS PREVIOUSLY STATED)
My mind is always generating ideas for new products, features, apps, whatever. It’s fun. I like it. But when it comes time to dedicate myself and focus on one thing it can become quite distracting. I’ll be 90% finished with one website when all of a sudd..SQUIRREL!!! 
Since the beginning of Scan, I’ve really made special efforts to harness outside ideas and keep focused. But, to let off some steam, I’ve used the following 3 tactics:
1. The back page of my journal has been a perfect place for me to quickly jot down 1-line ideas. (ex. “Guestbook – iPad app for weddings using the front facing camera and a stylus”)
2. Whenever I go speak to entrepreneurial groups at Universities or conferences I’ll rattle off a few. (ex. “Website that connects professors wanting to give their students real world experiences with businesses wanting to connect with talent early on and outsource projects”)
3. For my favorite ones, I’ll spend a Saturday morning mocking up a logo/website/app and then shelving it away. (ex. Nicotine lotion. jk but not JK)
..and now..for my second time, I’m going to experiment blogging out an idea..
DO YOU EVER WISH YOU COULD MESSAGE ANY PERSON YOU CAN SEE?
Have you ever been studying at the library and wish you could message that cute brunette in the white T-shirt across the way? (I was single once) Have you ever been driving and wish you could message that Red truck in front of you that has a piece of furniture coming loose off the back? Since having this idea, I’ve come across situations every day where I wish I could message an individual that I do not know, but can merely see..
INTRODUCING “MESSAGE ANYONE” – MY FREE IDEA
Message Anyone enables you to send a simple text-based message to anyone you can see. You don’t need to know them or already have their contact information. But if you can see them and answer a few basic questions (What color is their hair? or What kind of car is it?) then you can message them.
HOW IT WORKS
Messaging is all based on unique visual statistics that enable the app to accurately message the correct individual.
New Users : When a user first downloads the app, they are taken through a brief questionnaire about their own unique visual stats. For example, what color is your hair? What is your nationality? What kind of car do you drive? Those visual statistics make up your profile within the app so if someone is trying to message you, they can easily pick “the short blonde with a tattoo on her wrist” out of the group of other people that may be right near you.
message anyone app
Messaging Someone : When you’re ready to message someone, you simply open the app and point your phone towards that person. The app will do a quick search for all users within that target range and begin to pull up different visual stats for you to pick from. Even in the most crowded of situations, you can narrow down to the correct person. I imagine if the app became popular enough, you would want to update something as specific as the color of your T-shirt before going out for the evening.
message anyone app
SOME EARLY OBSTACLES
Already, I see some obstacles with an app like this:
1. This app would only work optimally once reaching mass adoption. For that reason, I’d probably focus on certain geographic locations or communities one at a time. For example, if the app only had 100k users but those users were all students at the same University, it would still work quite well.
2. Spammy people. Mean people. Cat fish. Yea, I’m not going to think through that stuff right now.
SO WHAT NOW?
I’m not going to do anything with this idea. But rather than die under my bushel, I thought it at least deserved this dedicatory post ;) I can already predict that someone will message me telling me the idea sucks. Someone else will message me notifying me about the 86 existing apps that are similar. Someone will message me asking if they can pursue the idea. Of course. But they will lack the execution and it will fail. BUT.. THEN.. maybe just maybe.. someone skilled and focused will come along, pump it out, and voila, the world of  messaging will change forever.
via:http://garrettgee.me/blog/message-any-person-you-can-see-free-app-idea/

No comments:

Post a Comment