Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Disappointment is some times Necessary!

Have you been thinking of selling your home and buying another? 
Do you have dreams?
Have you outgrown your space?
You want to badly to move, but just don't know if it's possible.
Well read more below about the Lake Ridge Virginia homeowners we just helped buy a home. Their story is why we do what we do.
 Disappointment, Soul Searching, Compromise
and finally pure Joy!
The past several weeks I have been working with a couple in Woodbridge Virginia who were selling their condo and looking to move up to the home of their dreams. They had outgrown the condo and wanted more space to raise their two beautiful little girls.
We had house hunted and found a wonderful home they loved on day three of house hunting. Our market is quick so the good homes go fast. They found one in their target neighborhood and it was walking distance to the elementary school. They loved everything about the home and the back yard although not perfect was workable. It had alot of decking and landscaping into a hill with trees. The homeowner had done all the right things to the home and it looked like a pottery barn catalog inside. What was not to love!
We went back to the office and they submitted and offer and I forwarded to the listing agent. The home was being handled by a relo company it  was Friday so we had to wait till Monday for an answer.
Disappointment  and Soul Searching Set in...
As the weekend went buy my buyers went off to a two year old's birthday party and in the back yard was a moon bounce and the children played and had a great time. As the couple was driving home they both realized the home they put the offer in on was not their dream yard for their little girls. The inside worked but the back yard was causing them real concern. They wanted a yard where the girls could play and have birthday parties and kick the ball.They called me to say on Sunday that they were sorry they just did not feel good about their choice and wanted to withdraw the offer.
I told them this was their money and their home and if this was not the right home then we needed to move on to something else They were disappointed and felt like they had wasted my time.
I told them right then I have never sold a home to anyone. I help people to work through their buying options and help them to come to the best choice for them. You are not wasting my time. I told them I have never had someone walk away from a home, buy another and realize they made a mistake. They need to trust their gut and trust the process and when it is meant to come together it will!
Their home was sold thank goodness we had negotiated a rent back so they had time to find a home of choice.They were so efficient in the condo you would have had no idea they had two little ones in that 1000 sq ft. but it was clearly way to small for their growing family and they were ready to move!
Condo
So we headed out to house hunt again and this time I had a surprise for them we looked at five homes and I could see them trying to make one or the other work but nothing was as good as the one they had passed on. We had one remaining that I knew would fit their needs based on what they were telling me. It was at the top of their comfort level and a little father out but it was what they had described. As we walked in the home I could see I had the kitchen and family room she had been dreaming of and the backyard he had longed for. Each room we went into they were like little kids calling each others names as if it were Christmas morning!. As we went to the lower level that had the bedroom and bath for in laws plus a huge family room for the play room  it was over! They both sat down at the same time on the red leather sofa and without discussing it said ........
"This is our house how do we get it?"

The home they decided to buy has 3500 sq ft!


You could actually fit their condo into the back half of the main level.
We wrote up an offer worked through the negotiations and they got the house! Today as we did the walkthrough I could see the children playing and dancing in the big open rooms and mom looking on knowing her life is about to change. She has so much more space to spread out. The girls will have their own rooms and a center island  for those afternoon snacks.

Twinssellingrealestate.com
Her husband  had gone outside to look around. I really think it was he needed  a minute to himself to take in this moment. As I got outside he was shoveling the driveway and seem to be enjoying himself. He said he was happy to do it since this was going to be his house tomorrow!
He was so full of JOY!
He said to me...
"I can buy a hose, no I can buy two hoses and a ladder. I have always wanted a ladder and a lawn mower. And look at the tree in my front yard. I can put lights on for Christmas for the girls!" Then he said " I just spoke to the neighbor and he said two homes across the street have new owners within the past 6 months and they have little girls the same ages as his. He was thrilled his girls would have playmates!" 
It was such a pleasure to work with this couple. They went from excitement to disappointment to soul searching and compromise and finally joy.
They were successful because they were open to coaching, willing to compromise to get what they wanted. They stayed true to their budget and in the end got a larger home than they expected in a great neighborhood on cul de sac with a great back yard. It was a little longer commute than they had hoped and they will need to do some updates in the kitchen but they are thrilled.
As we were leaving the husband came and gave me a
via:http://lakeridgevarealestatenews.com/post/4332557/disappointment-is-some-times-necessary- 

No comments:

Post a Comment