Friday, February 14, 2014

Friday Night Music: Suzanne Vega

Update: And that was excellent: Sarah Neufeld of Arcade Fire with Colin Stetson of Bon Iver ,performing Neufeld’s compositions. Virtuosic violin aside, who knew that Neufeld had such a lovely voice? And in the last piece, Stetson gave a spectacular demonstration of circular breathing.
I’m off to dinner soon, then a concert, so I need to post this early. I was reading the glowing review of Suzanne Vega’s Barbican concert in the FT, wondered whether there were any recent videos, and sure enough, this wonderful Tiny Desk Concert was there to greet me.
There was a time in the late 80s/early 90s when Vega’s songs were the soundtrack to my life. Nobody writes more powerful and poetic lyrics. And she has lost none of her performing skills:
via:http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/02/14/friday-night-music-suzanne-vega-2/

No comments:

Post a Comment