Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Going Gray: What Will the Kids Say??

A son and his mom
A son and his mom
We get it!
Your kid’s opinion means a lot.  For a lot of us, it was just yesterday we were giving them advice about what to wear, how to look, etc.  I guess it’s their turn now?  How time flies.  We receive a lot of emails and comments about how children react when mom decides to go gray.  Well, here’s an email we received a few years ago that will warm your heart:
I am a 32 year old guy and I love gray hair, I love everything natural. I came across this blog looking for pictures to send my mom (of women with gray hair because I am trying to convince her that her gray hair is beautiful, it’s a shame that she is not proud of it.) I make a point to compliment women with natural gray hair – not because I have some crazy agenda but because I genuinely find gray hair attractive, and women smart and confident enough to sport it admirable, intriguing, interesting, and beautiful regardless of how they look. It’s unfortunate that anyone is made to feel that their natural look is not acceptable, so much so that most women wouldn’t even dare go with it. (But natural always looks the best and ironically even hair color and make up makers always market their products with statements like “for natural highlights” for “natural tone” etc… :) you know what looks most natural? Your natural hair! It looks the most beautiful as well. I am thrilled to find this blog and I’ll do what I can to spread the word! Thank you!
via:http://goinggrayblog.com/2014/01/mom-decides-going-gray-will-kids-say/

No comments:

Post a Comment