Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How To Make Lemon Sheet Cake

I’ve decided I don’t want to make round layer cakes any more. Everyone always says, “Oh, that piece is too big, give me half of that.” Seriously? Have you ever tried to cut an inch-wide sliver of a three layer cake and not have it fall over. It can’t be done!
Sheet cakes, on the other hand, you can bring it to the party in the same pan you baked it in, you don’t have to worry about it tipping over in the car, you can cut pieces as small as you want … sheet cakes are the bomb.
And a lemon sheet cake with chocolate ganache and lemon glaze? Ehrmagerd.

Ingredients

Cake

130706-1446442½ cups cake flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon table salt
¾ cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons grated lemon zest
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1¾ cup white sugar
12 tablespoons (1½ sticks) butter, softened
4 large eggs

Chocolate frosting

Go check out the recipe from Ree’s Texas sheetcake recipe.
Simple and delicious, it’s what I used in the pictures below.

Lemon glaze

Follow the directions for my lemon drop candies.

Directions

Before you start mixing the ingredients, prepare a sheet pan and pre-heat the oven to 325° F.
I’ve got to get up on my soapbox for a minute here. There’s no reason the kitchen needs to look like a war zone after baking a cake. The easiest way to clean up the mess is not to make one. So when I measure the flour, I do it right in the bowl I’m going to put the flour in.
via:http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com/how-to-make-lemon-sheet-cake/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+HTCLYG+%28How+To+Cook+Like+Your+Grandmother%29

No comments:

Post a Comment