Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Lemon Almond Crumb Bars

Lemon bars have never been a favorite for me. That may seem odd to read that underneath a photo of lemon bars, but it’s nonetheless true. Most of the ones I’ve tried have been a bit too sweet and lemon-y for me.
I should say that my tastes have changed a bit over the years. I used to shun most citrus desserts, but I’ve come to like them far more. Still, lemons and limes and oranges and such aren’t the first things I consider when it’s time to bake.
However, I have now met these wonderfully delicious lemon bars, and I would gladly take one of these any time for dessert.

So, what makes these different? It’s the whole package, really, but we’ll start with the crust. It’s a pretty standard buttery crust, but a bit of lemon zest adds a bright flavor to it.
The filling is more or less what you’d expect from lemon bars, but with the addition of crystallized ginger. I am a big believer in the power of lemon plus ginger. The ginger emphasizes the wonderful flavor of an already delicious filling and adds just a little extra zing.
Finally, instead of the standard dusting of confectioners’ sugar, these lemon bars have an almond crumb topping to make them even more irresistible.
These bars are a lovely way to usher in spring. Their bright flavor is just perfect for the promise of warmer, brighter days.
via:http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2014/03/lemon-almond-crumb-bars/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+BakeOrBreak+%28Bake+or+Break%29

No comments:

Post a Comment