Friday, March 28, 2014

stuff i’ve gotta share and you’ve gotta see

On Parade Magazine’s blog this week I shared a round-up of 9 AMAZING CAKES TO MAKE FOR BIRTHDAYS!  Which one do you want for your birthday??

And over on my Culinary Covers blog, I’m sharing a very easy and delicious recipe for SLOW COOKER CHICKEN- TORTILLA SOUP.  It makes for a great weeknight meal for those busy days when you don’t have time to make dinner.

My almost-13-year-old RecipeBoy made this for dinner the other night, and he’s sharing it on his blog today:  ALMA WAHLBERG’S AMERICAN CHOP SUEY recipe.  He’s a huge fan of the Wahlburger’s TV show (it’s about Mark, Donnie and Paul Wahlberg and their Mom… and their burger bar in Massachusetts called Wahlburgers).  The show is on A&E- we all enjoy it!  Oh, and this recipe was really easy to make and we liked it a lot!

One of my food blogging friends- Kierstin of the very successful Oh My Veggies blog- has a new e-book out:  HOW TO MONETIZE YOUR FOOD BLOG– yes, you can make money doing this food blog thing!  She shares great strategies and tips.  Check it out!

Also, I discovered this magazine for professional women bloggers- iBlog Magazine.  I ordered a subscription, so I hope it’s good!  It actually looks like it has some great, helpful content.  Can’t wait to get my first issue.

My sister shared this “Selfie” app that she discovered:  CamMe.  It allows you to set up your iPhone and take hands-free selfies by using clever hand gestures to control the camera.  How fun, right?  It also has the ability to do the “photo booth” type thing where it takes a series of consecutive photos.  Can’t wait to try this one out!

If you’re on Twitter, there is a site you can visit that will tell you the very first tweet you ever tweeted!  Here is mine… about baking Christmas cookies.  I can’t believe I started on Twitter in 2008- that seems like such a long time ago!!!  Here is the website > FIRST TWEET.

I’ve been craving cookies this week.  here are some delicious cookie recipes I found on Pinterest that must be made SOON:

Here’s a great post on The Kitchn on how to clean an oven without using chemicals- HOW TO CLEAN AN OVEN WITH BAKING SODA AND VINEGAR.

Here are three blogs that I follow and love- you should consider following them too! >
  • HUNGRY GIRL POR VIDA:  Cindy blogs from Portland, Oregon… a place I really want to explore.  She mostly shares super creative recipes and delicious, imaginative writing on her blog- with a few crafts and other things mixed in too.  I feel like Cindy’s blog is unique and fun to read.  Her recipes are totally my kinda thing.  Cindy’s latest post:  Grilled Goat Cheese, Bacon & Jam Breakfast Sandwich
  • RECIPEBOY:  Brooks is my almost 13-year old son, and he blogs from our mountains between Lake Tahoe and Reno, NV.  It’s about TIME I featured my own kid.  He’s a pretty cool kid, actually, though I sure wish he was into eating more vegetables!!  Brooks features whatever recipes he thinks are looking good on his blog.  Sometimes he chooses his own, and sometimes I suggest things to him.  We work together to change recipes to how we might like them best.  I take pics of Brooks preparing the recipe, and he takes the final beauty shots of the dish.  Any money he makes from his blog goes directly into his college account (his hopes are high as he has toured many of the Ivy League colleges and maintains good grades!!)  His latest post:  Wahlberg’s American Chop Suey.
  • DAMN DELICIOUS:  Chung-Ah blogs from the Bay Area (but she’s a New York native).  I can honestly say that her blog is one of my absolute favorites.  She blogs quick and easy, beautiful, delicious recipes, and she never disappoints.  Everything is perfectly displayed and she has an innate ability to know what everyone is craving at any given moment!!  Chung-Ah’s latest post:  
  • via:http://www.recipegirl.com/2014/03/26/stuff-ive-gotta-share-and-youve-gotta-see-49/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheRecipeGirl+%28The+Recipe+Girl%29

No comments:

Post a Comment