Saturday, March 1, 2014

Will a Short Sale Affect Your Credit Forever?

A local couple in middle Tennessee, Kenny and Sarah from Hermitage, recently asked about this very important, yet sometimes difficult, topic.  They said…
“Last year was a very challenging year for us and we ended up having to sell our home through a short-sale with the bank. Our friends did the same thing the year before and were told they would never be able to buy another home again. Can you tell us if this is true? Is our credit ruined forever now? Will we have to rent for the rest of our lives? We would love to be able to buy another home some day.  Please help!”
A lot of people can relate to this situation, and I really appreciate Kenny and Sarah’s honesty because this can be a hard topic that many people find embarrassing to discuss.  But first and foremost, I want people to know that things happen.  I personally have a short sale on my credit because I co-signed for my sister years ago.  I wish I hadn’t done that, but I did, and things happen.  But the good news is that you can buy another home after going through a short sale.
There are probably thousands of people in middle Tennessee who are wondering this very same thing.  For that reason, I like to consult with David Hammett of First Community Mortgage.  David has come up with a way to help people who have gone through a short sale to be able to buy a home again.
The lender has put together a kit of the step-by-step process that will enable them to buy their dream home. The free “Home Buyer Credit Repair Kit” is a great opportunity for people.  This kit will walk you through the process step-by-step; it will tell you what’s important and what needs to be done first so you are prepared to buy again later.
If you’d like one of these valuable packets, free of charge, simply contact me, and I will be happy to connect you with David.  Again, David has been in the industry for years and I have complete trust in his ability to help people realize their American Dream.
When I think about people never being able to realize their dreams again, it hurts my heart which is why I wanted to address this topic today.
Happy Customers of the Week
Teresa from Ashland City had intended to purchase another home after hers sold, but as it turns out, she wasn’t able to do so.  However, we were still able to save her over $7,000 in fees during the process.
Because I promote my “We Sell Homes 4 Free” program so regularly, sometimes people think that’s all we do, but we do so much more – we do everything that any other agency does as well!  So far this year, we’ve saved 35 families over $300,000 in typically collected commissions.
For more information about buying or selling a home in today’s market contact The Mohr Group at (615) 376-4500 or you can reach Monte directly by calling (615) 300-8393.
via:http://www.tennesseedreamhomes.com/will-a-short-sale-affect-your-credit-forever/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NashvilleTnHomesForSaleRealEstateListings+%28Nashville+TN+Real+Estate+%26+Homes+For+Sale+in+Tennessee%29

No comments:

Post a Comment