Friday, February 21, 2014

OUTFIT // IN WHICH I STATE THE OBVIOUS

james perse midi striped skirt review, fashion blogger outfit, james perse review
james perse striped midi skirt review, james perse review, fashion blogger outfit
James Perse mini stripe midi skirt | $165 at James Perse
Karen Kane Top | gift from karen Kane – same style, but striped
Balenciaga City bag | mine is second hand
No6 Wedge sandals
I CANNOT get enough of James Perse. Every freaking season he turns out everything I need. And having a store nearby with Simone to help me shop and share my excitement doesn’t help. Or hurt, as the case may be. I don’t have to tell you how obsessed I am with all the new season items, but the one must-have for me, at least this time, was this striped pencil skirt. I loved it from the moment I saw it, but never really considered it for me because of the length, and I thought I was over the slim, pencil skirt look.
WRONG. I loved the skirt the instant I put it on and can’t stop creating outfits in my head of all the ways I want to wear it. Lucky for me it’s been quite warm here the last couple of days so I can wear it right now, but you better believe I’ll wear this all spring & summer with my birkenstock sandals. A la James Perse, of course ;) I’m wearing a size 2 (it does stretch a little) and it’s pulled up higher than my natural waist right now; it just fits me better there. I don’t find it sheer enough to worry about, but then again, I do normally wear spanx with pencil skirts just to smooth out the bumps a bit, so I’m always covered anyway.
(please click through to read more pictures and a review of my shopping trip to James Perse!)
I tried on quite a few more pieces:
IMG_20140214_163345
This relaxed classic striped shirt is AMAZING – so perfect – and I’m dying to add it to my wardrobe. But not for $225. It’ll go on sale eventually, somewhere, and when it does, I’ll be waiting. The size 2 fit me wonderfully.
I also love this a-line long sleeve shirt, which I am more inclined to pay full-price for, because it is unlike anything else I already own, and will be incredibly useful in my wardrobe. The color, first, is beautiful. And I was joking with Simone (the ASM at the store) about how James Perse is the only designer who could EVER get me to wear color, which is pretty true. I loved the way this worked with my skintone, and since it’s muted, it’s really a neutral, instead of a “color” per se. Right? Anyway, the color is stunning and the fit of the shirt is great. I needed a size 2, but as with most shirts, the arms are a bit slim on me, but they will stretch a bit with wear. I have several other James Perse long sleeve tees with snug arms at first, and they never bother me. It’s also very sheer.
A-LINE LONG SLEEVE TEE Wild Rose
I tried on the parachute utility pants, which I also loved, but not as much as the pants I got a couple weeks ago (the canvas stretch pants). They run much smaller – size up – and really don’t stretch very much. They are thinner though, so they’d be great for warmer weather.
PARACHUTE UTILITY PANT Forest Green Pigment
Finally, I tried on this viscose chiffon top and liked it a lot, but not enough to really WANT it or feel like I had to add it to my wardrobe. It’s a beautiful fit, and I was very impressed (but not surprised) that they added some stretch jersey fabric trim around the edges and to allow you to push the sleeves up on your arms so THEY STAY.
via:http://grechenscloset.com/james-perse-striped-skirt-review/

No comments:

Post a Comment