Monday, April 14, 2014

Porcini Mushroom Cornbread Recipe

I love making this foolproof cornbread recipe. The only difference between versions is the flavor combination. The list of adaptations is endless. I never have a specific idea of the meal I'm going to prepare on a daily basis. My first reflex is to inspect my refrigerator, then go through the pantry and finally mix and match flavors that can complement one another. That's the beauty of cooking.
This time, I mixed crushed hazelnuts, dried porcini mushrooms and roasted garlic into the batter. The pungency from the garlic, the richness from the hazelnuts and the extravagance of the mushrooms created the ultimate, most luxurious cornbread I could think of. Don't you agree?
via:http://www.phamfatale.com/id_4368/title_Porcini-Mushroom-Cornbread-Recipe/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+phamfatale+%28Pham+Fatale+Recipes+RSS%29

No comments:

Post a Comment